This policy is active as of 24 May 2018. Read about our recent GDPR updates here.
In this Policy, the following terms have the following meanings:
- “We / Our / Us” means Ally Labs Limited, a UK limited company registered at Companies House in England under company number 09864498, whose registered address is 24 Holborn Viaduct, London, United Kingdom, EC1A 2BN;
- “Our Products” and “Our Website” means all digital services and physical goods created by Us including all software, websites, mobile apps and devices;
- “You / Your” means an individual, data subject who has chosen to be registered to use Our Products.
- “Cookie” means a small file consisting of letters and numbers that Our Products and Website downloads to your computer or device;
- “Web Beacon” means a small image and associated code on a web page or in an email notification that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our Users and record User actions
- “Local Storage” means an industry-standard technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your computer or mobile device. We use local storage, including HTML5, to customize what we show you based on your content consumption and other past interactions with Our Site or Products.
- “Similar Technologies” means technologies like Cookies including Web Beacons, Local Storage, other device identifiers and technologies that serve a similar purpose.
1.1.1. Required Cookies: if a cookie is essential to the operation of Our Products and Website, supporting critical functions such as logging in.
1.1.2. Analytics Cookies: these cookies help us understanding how you use Our Products and Website (for example, how a page is navigated around and what features you use) so we can improve Our Products and Website your experience of it.
1.1.3. Functionality Cookies: these enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Products and Website such as personalisation and remembering your preferences.
1.1.4. Targeting Cookies: these help Us know when and how often you visit and use Our Products and Website, and which parts of it you have used. This information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Products and Website and advertising more relevant to your interests.
1.1.5. Third Party Cookies: cookies that are not placed by Us and We have no control over them. Third party cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Products and Website, or by third parties providing analytics services to Us (these cookies will work in the same way as analytics cookies described above).
1.1.6. Persistent Cookies: any of the above types of cookie may be a persistent cookie. Persistent cookies are simply those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you use Our Products and Website
1.1.7 Session Cookies: any of the above types of cookie may be a session cookie. Session cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Products and Website until you close your browser, shut off your device or close your application. Session cookies are deleted when you end a session.
1.2. We may also use Similar Technologies to accomplish any of the stated goals of the aforementioned types of cookies, including Web Beacons or Local Storage.
1.3. Cookies on Our Products and Website are not permanent and will expire after a period of time, depending on the cookie, up to a maximum of 540 days.
2. How You Can Control Cookies
2.2. Browser Settings: to control cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. You can also manually delete previously stored cookies at any time. Please note that if you choose to block cookies, doing so may impair the Our Products and Website or prevent certain elements of it from functioning.
2.3. Device Settings: on your mobile device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in your iOS phone’s settings, or the setting to “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your Android phone’s settings. To opt-out of location tracking when using our Apps, you can use the settings of your device. You can disable mobile analytics and bug reporting through these same settings as well.
3.2. We may use Web Beacons in some of Our emails to detect when (or whether) you open an email and how you have interacted with it, and other information such as your email client, web browser, computer or device, and IP address. Web beacons may also be used to serve up emails in a particular format that is best suited to your computer or device.
3.3. Emails from Us may contain links. Each one of those links may contain a unique tag which enables Us to track which links are being used and by whom. This information can then be used to improve and tailor our emails in the future.
4. Changes to this Cookies Policy
4.1. We may alter this Cookies Policy at any time. Any such changes will become binding on you on your first use of Our Products and Website after the changes have been made. You are therefore advised to check this page from time to time.
4.2. In the event of any conflict between the current version of this Cookies Policy and any previous version(s), the provisions current and in effect shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
5. Further Information
5.2. For more information about cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org (this is an external link and We are not responsible for its content).